Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Starting Fresh


Dropped my BFA
Had a job, laid myself off
A boyfriend
Stayed in school
Learned spanish
Become a certified EMT
Joined a gym

I am:
Going to graduate in May
Editor in Chief of the New School Free Press
Doing my senior work on horse racing
Celebrating a year with my boyfriend
Working towards becoming a FDNY EMT

I want:
To become an EMT with the FDNY
To live in California
To be fit
To sleep well

Meanwhile, I'm on break and don't have a job and am feeling housewifey (gym, grocery store, make dinner, do laundry, eat, fold laundry, movie, sleep) for the meantime, and enjoying it tremendously. For now, that is, since I know classes are coming up and it's not forever.

Note to self: always be working on something bigger than yourself.



These are my great uncles, my mom's mom's brothers, marty and chet, on the ranch in California.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Hey Kate!! Welcome back! I just talked to Maryn today----she is in Florida. Great to finally hear about your life---it seems exciting!