Monday, November 5, 2007

FlakPhoto

I hadn't looked at FlakPhoto in far too long, and when I checked today, I had a very pleasant surprise!
First of all, I discovered Mona Kuhn's work.


stunning. how does she do it? it's so quiet, and SO affecting.

Then, i stumble over a familiar photograph:


None other than the illustrious Suzanne Opton! Amy showed us her work in class and reccomended it to me for my long-term project. She's showing up everywhere!

And finally, to end the veritable phonebook of photographers I've got going here, Jean Luc Mylayne. He apparently shoots birds, waiting for them to come back to the same place.
Talk about flighty models... (groan!)
but he produced this:


and i was just stunned!
i just this very moment noticed that actually, this IS a portrait of that little bird. wow.
he's apparently built over 50 lenses, and manipulates the focal plane all himself.

it feels so nice to be inspired.

No comments: